- MS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $290.1 million.
- MS is down 2.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MS: Morgan Stanley, a financial holding company, provides various financial products and services to corporations, governments, financial institutions, and individuals worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. MS has a PE ratio of 14.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Morgan Stanley a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Morgan Stanley has been 10.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Morgan Stanley has a market cap of $69.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.44 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.26 days to cover. Shares are up 13.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Morgan Stanley as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, MORGAN STANLEY's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MORGAN STANLEY is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.42%. Regardless of MS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 17.83% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Morgan Stanley Ratings Report.