- YOKU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.2 million.
- YOKU has traded 4.1 million shares today.
- YOKU traded in a range 272.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.64.
- YOKU traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 17 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 17 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YOKU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YOKU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on YOKU: Youku Tudou Inc. operates as an Internet television company in the People's Republic of China. Its Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view, and share video content across various devices. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Youku Tudou a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Youku Tudou has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Youku Tudou has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are down 27.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Youku Tudou as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- YOUKU TUDOU INC's earnings per share declined by 30.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, YOUKU TUDOU INC reported poor results of -$0.58 versus -$0.52 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 536.2% in earnings (-$3.69 versus -$0.58).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 51.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$17.56 million to -$26.58 million.
- The gross profit margin for YOUKU TUDOU INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.75%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -17.17% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$24.93 million or 141.47% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The share price of YOUKU TUDOU INC has not done very well: it is down 21.74% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full Youku Tudou Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.