NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM - Get Report) are up 0.51% to $60.69 after the bank announced today that it signed an agreement to provide access to new issue municipal bonds to LPL financial advisors.
Advisors of LPL Financial, a brokerage firm and wholly owned subsidiary of LPL Financial Holdings (LPLA) , will have access through their proprietary platform, and orders for new bonds will be treated on par with JP Morgan and other orders submitted to the underwriting syndicate.
"Partnering with LPL will enable us to offer our municipal issuer clients access to an expansive network of financial advisors and investors," JP Morgan head of Public Finance Paul Palmeri said.
JP Morgan is the number one overall debt underwriter and the top municipal underwriter in the U.S. This year, JP Morgan underwrote over $340 billion in the global debt markets, according to Dealogic, and over $40 billion in the U.S. municipal markets, according to Thomson Reuters.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates JPMORGAN CHASE & CO as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JPMORGAN CHASE & CO (JPM) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, compelling growth in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- JPM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 1566.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$380.00 million to $5,572.00 million.
- JPMORGAN CHASE & CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO reported lower earnings of $4.32 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.50 versus $4.32).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JPM Ratings Report