- ALJ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.1 million.
- ALJ has traded 198,753 shares today.
- ALJ is trading at 4.09 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ALJ is trading at a new low 3.00% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALJ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALJ NOW at Trade-Ideas
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 234.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$28.71 million to $38.48 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 662.09% to $112.94 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ALON USA ENERGY INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.19%.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.85, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.87 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 217.02% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 35.63% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- ALON USA ENERGY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALON USA ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $0.29 versus $1.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.78 versus $0.29).
- You can view the full Alon USA Energy Ratings Report.