- UEIC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.7 million.
- UEIC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- UEIC has a PE ratio of 33.0.
- UEIC is mentioned 1.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- UEIC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- UEIC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- UEIC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- UEIC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- UEIC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UEIC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UEIC NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on UEIC: Universal Electronics Inc. develops and manufactures pre-programmed universal wireless remote control products, audio-video accessories, and software for home entertainment systems. UEIC has a PE ratio of 33.0. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Universal Electronics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Universal Electronics has been 133,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Universal has a market cap of $938.4 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 2.60 and a short float of 5.4% with 3.67 days to cover. Shares are up 55% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Universal Electronics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- UEIC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, UEIC has a quick ratio of 1.58, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC has improved earnings per share by 23.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.47 versus $1.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.50 versus $1.47).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Household Durables industry. The net income increased by 26.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $8.62 million to $10.87 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 303.75% to $14.56 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -33.32%.
- You can view the full Universal Electronics Ratings Report.