- PVA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.1 million.
- PVA has traded 66,250 shares today.
- PVA is up 3.1% today.
- PVA was down 5.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PVA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PVA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PVA: Penn Virginia Corporation, an independent oil and gas company, is engaged in the exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas in various onshore regions of the United States. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Penn Virginia a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Penn Virginia has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Penn Virginia has a market cap of $637.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 10.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Penn Virginia as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 190.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$98.90 million to $89.66 million.
- PENN VIRGINIA CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PENN VIRGINIA CORP reported poor results of -$2.36 versus -$2.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.32 versus -$2.36).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, PENN VIRGINIA CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- PVA has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 9.55% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full Penn Virginia Ratings Report.