- OTEX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.9 million.
- OTEX has traded 10,261 shares today.
- OTEX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OTEX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OTEX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OTEX: Open Text Corporation provides a suite of software products and services that assist organizations in finding, utilizing, and sharing business information from various devices. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. OTEX has a PE ratio of 27.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Open Text a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Open Text has been 260,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Open Text has a market cap of $7.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 28.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Open Text as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 28.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 39.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 103.84% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.92% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- OPEN TEXT CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, OPEN TEXT CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.81 versus $1.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.95 versus $1.81).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 111.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $30.63 million to $64.63 million.
- You can view the full Open Text Ratings Report.