- CSIQ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $169.4 million.
- CSIQ traded 13,013 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:23 AM.
- CSIQ is up 2.3% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSIQ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSIQ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSIQ: Canadian Solar Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells solar wafers, cells, and solar module products worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Module and Project. CSIQ has a PE ratio of 7.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Canadian Solar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Canadian Solar has been 4.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian Solar has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.36 and a short float of 8.5% with 0.56 days to cover. Shares are down 9.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- CSIQ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 18.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 64.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CANADIAN SOLAR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN SOLAR INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.56 versus -$4.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.71 versus $0.56).
- The gross profit margin for CANADIAN SOLAR INC is rather low; currently it is at 18.95%. Regardless of CSIQ's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CSIQ's net profit margin of 8.94% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.10 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, CSIQ has a quick ratio of 0.59, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Canadian Solar Ratings Report.