- LULU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $87.6 million.
- LULU is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LULU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LULU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LULU: lululemon athletica inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and distributes athletic apparel and accessories for women, men, and female youth. It operates in three segments: Corporate-Owned Stores, Direct To Consumer, and Other. LULU has a PE ratio of 26.9. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Lululemon Athletica a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lululemon Athletica has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lululemon has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.33 and a short float of 27.8% with 12.64 days to cover. Shares are down 23.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lululemon Athletica as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- LULU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.39, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for LULULEMON ATHLETICA INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.99%. Regardless of LULU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LULU's net profit margin of 12.47% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Looking at the price performance of LULU's shares over the past 12 months, there is not much good news to report: the stock is down 34.49%, and it has underformed the S&P 500 Index. In addition, the company's earnings per share are lower today than the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income has decreased by 13.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $56.46 million to $48.75 million.
- You can view the full Lululemon Athletica Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.