- SUNE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $206.3 million.
- SUNE is up 5.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUNE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUNE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SUNE: SunEdison, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells silicon wafers to the semiconductor industry. The company operates through two segments, Solar Energy and Semiconductor Materials. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate SunEdison a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for SunEdison has been 11.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SunEdison has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 4.95 and a short float of 30.2% with 6.35 days to cover. Shares are up 29.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SunEdison as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 156.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$110.40 million to -$283.40 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 16.45 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, SUNE has a quick ratio of 0.53, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, SUNEDISON INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$276.30 million or 169.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for SUNEDISON INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.69%. Regardless of SUNE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SUNE's net profit margin of -41.60% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full SunEdison Ratings Report.