- XLNX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $101.5 million.
- XLNX is up 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XLNX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XLNX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XLNX: Xilinx, Inc. designs and develops programmable devices and associated technologies worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. XLNX has a PE ratio of 18.0. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Xilinx a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Xilinx has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Xilinx has a market cap of $11.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.49 and a short float of 3.2% with 3.70 days to cover. Shares are down 5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Xilinx as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- XILINX INC has improved earnings per share by 26.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, XILINX INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.19 versus $1.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.47 versus $2.19).
- XLNX's revenue growth trails the industry average of 18.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, XILINX INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for XILINX INC is currently very high, coming in at 74.19%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 28.38% is above that of the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.58, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.97 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Xilinx Ratings Report.