- FGP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.1 million.
- FGP is making at least a new 3-day high.
- FGP has a PE ratio of 66.3.
- FGP is mentioned 0.23 times per day on StockTwits.
- FGP has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- FGP is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- FGP is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- FGP is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- FGP is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FGP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FGP NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on FGP: Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. distributes and sells propane and related equipment and supplies primarily in the United States. The company transports propane to propane distribution locations, tanks on customers' premises, or to portable propane tanks delivered to retailers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 7.4%. FGP has a PE ratio of 66.3. Currently there are no analysts that rate Ferrellgas Partners a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Ferrellgas Partners has been 160,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ferrellgas has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of -0.07 and a short float of 0.9% with 4.19 days to cover. Shares are up 18% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ferrellgas Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- FERRELLGAS PARTNERS -LP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FERRELLGAS PARTNERS -LP reported lower earnings of $0.40 versus $0.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.00 versus $0.40).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Gas Utilities industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 65.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$28.80 million to -$47.80 million.
- The gross profit margin for FERRELLGAS PARTNERS -LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.23%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -11.97% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Ferrellgas Partners Ratings Report.