- AMKR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.9 million.
- AMKR has traded 384,913 shares today.
- AMKR is trading at 4.93 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- AMKR is trading at a new high 7.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMKR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMKR NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- AMKOR TECHNOLOGY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMKOR TECHNOLOGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.50 versus $0.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.64 versus $0.50).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 85.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $25.35 million to $47.10 million.
- AMKR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 18.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Amkor Technology Ratings Report.