- MFRM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.0 million.
- MFRM has traded 5,946 shares today.
- MFRM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MFRM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MFRM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MFRM: Mattress Firm Holding Corp., through its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of mattresses, and related products and accessories in the United States. MFRM has a PE ratio of 40.2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Mattress Firm a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mattress Firm has been 188,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Mattress Firm has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.48 and a short float of 17.5% with 14.06 days to cover. Shares are up 59.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mattress Firm as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 35.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 107.04% to $51.14 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MATTRESS FIRM HOLDING CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 22.68%.
- MATTRESS FIRM HOLDING CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MATTRESS FIRM HOLDING CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.54 versus $1.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.10 versus $1.54).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MFRM's share price has jumped by 96.00%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- 42.33% is the gross profit margin for MATTRESS FIRM HOLDING CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of MFRM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.47% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Mattress Firm Ratings Report.