- PFE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $576.9 million.
- PFE traded 49,058 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- PFE is down 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PFE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PFE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PFE: Pfizer Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells healthcare products worldwide. It offers medicines and vaccines, and various consumer healthcare products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.4%. PFE has a PE ratio of 18.8. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Pfizer a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pfizer has been 23.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pfizer has a market cap of $191.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 1% with 3.29 days to cover. Shares are down 0.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pfizer as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PFIZER INC has improved earnings per share by 7.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PFIZER INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.65 versus $1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.25 versus $1.65).
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.48, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PFE has a quick ratio of 2.18, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for PFIZER INC is currently very high, coming in at 84.33%. Regardless of PFE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PFE's net profit margin of 21.56% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Pfizer Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.