- DDD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $114.0 million.
- DDD is up 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DDD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DDD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DDD: 3D Systems Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a provider of 3D printing centric design-to-manufacturing solutions in the United States, Germany, the Asia-Pacific, and other European countries. DDD has a PE ratio of 172.5. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate 3D Systems a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for 3D Systems has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. 3D Systems has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.39 and a short float of 35% with 11.18 days to cover. Shares are down 64.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates 3D Systems as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DDD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 14.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- DDD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.11, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 47.84% is the gross profit margin for 3D SYSTEMS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DDD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DDD's net profit margin of 1.84% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $8.57 million or 72.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 48.56%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 82.35% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, DDD is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
- You can view the full 3D Systems Ratings Report.