- TRLA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.8 million.
- TRLA has traded 413,734 shares today.
- TRLA traded in a range 216.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $4.45.
- TRLA traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 38 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 38 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRLA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRLA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRLA: Trulia, Inc. provides tools to research homes and neighborhoods for consumers through Web and mobile applications. The company, through its tools, also enables real estate professionals to market their listings. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Trulia a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Trulia has been 703,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Trulia has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.70 and a short float of 27.6% with 9.96 days to cover. Shares are up 23% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Trulia as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 981.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.22 million to -$23.99 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, TRULIA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- TRULIA INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRULIA INC reported poor results of -$0.50 versus -$0.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.28 versus -$0.50).
- Compared to where it was a year ago, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- TRLA's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.63 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 4.98 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Trulia Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.