- TJX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $226.2 million.
- TJX traded 12,161 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:29 AM.
- TJX is down 2.8% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TJX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TJX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TJX: The TJX Companies, Inc. operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Marmaxx, HomeGoods, TJX Canada, and TJX Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. TJX has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate TJX Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for TJX Companies has been 4.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TJX Companies has a market cap of $43.8 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.07 days to cover. Shares are unchanged year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- TJX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TJX COMPANIES INC has improved earnings per share by 10.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TJX COMPANIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.95 versus $2.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.17 versus $2.95).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 7.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $479.56 million to $517.62 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $602.24 million or 13.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, TJX COMPANIES INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 20.78%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.71 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full TJX Companies Ratings Report.