- JWN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $138.6 million.
- JWN has traded 34,364 shares today.
- JWN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JWN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JWN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JWN: Nordstrom, Inc., a fashion specialty retailer, offers apparel, shoes, cosmetics, and accessories for women, men, and children in the United States. It operates in two segments, Retail and Credit. The Retail segment offers a selection of brand name and private label merchandise. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. JWN has a PE ratio of 18.9. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Nordstrom a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nordstrom has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nordstrom has a market cap of $13.6 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.34 and a short float of 2.8% with 2.17 days to cover. Shares are up 17.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nordstrom as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 40.95% is the gross profit margin for NORDSTROM INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.39% is above that of the industry average.
- NORDSTROM INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NORDSTROM INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.72 versus $3.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.88 versus $3.72).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Multiline Retail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 0.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $184.00 million to $183.00 million.
- You can view the full Nordstrom Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.