- FUEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.2 million.
- FUEL has traded 109,789 shares today.
- FUEL is down 4.1% today.
- FUEL was up 18.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FUEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FUEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FUEL: Rocket Fuel Inc., a technology company, provides artificial-intelligence digital advertising solutions. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Rocket Fuel a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Rocket Fuel has been 671,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Rocket Fuel has a market cap of $604.9 million and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.63 and a short float of 22.2% with 2.77 days to cover. Shares are down 73.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Rocket Fuel as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been generally deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 232.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$6.86 million to -$22.83 million.
- The gross profit margin for ROCKET FUEL INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.65%. Regardless of FUEL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FUEL's net profit margin of -22.36% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, ROCKET FUEL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- FUEL's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 67.19%, which is also worse than the performance of the S&P 500 Index.
- ROCKET FUEL INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.62 versus -$0.68).
- You can view the full Rocket Fuel Ratings Report.