- OGE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $40.5 million.
- OGE has traded 531,613 shares today.
- OGE traded in a range 205.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.09.
- OGE traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 14 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 14 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OGE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OGE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OGE: OGE Energy Corp., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an energy and energy services provider that offers physical delivery and related services for electricity and natural gas primarily in the south central United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. OGE has a PE ratio of 19.2. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate OGE Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for OGE Energy has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. OGE Energy has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 0.5% with 1.05 days to cover. Shares are up 10.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates OGE Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 42.37% is the gross profit margin for OGE ENERGY CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of OGE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OGE's net profit margin of 24.81% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- OGE ENERGY CORP's earnings per share declined by 13.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, OGE ENERGY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.95 versus $1.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.97 versus $1.95).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Electric Utilities industry average. The net income has decreased by 13.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $215.20 million to $187.30 million.
- In its most recent trading session, OGE has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Despite the stock's decline during the last year, it is still somewhat more expensive (in proportion to its earnings over the last year) than most other stocks in its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays offset this slight negative.
- You can view the full OGE Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.