NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Ford Motor Co. (F) are gaining, up 2.81% to $14.99 in afternoon trading Thursday, following the car maker's report that showed an increase in European car sales by 8.1% in October, marking the fifth straight monthly gain, Reuters reports.The car maker said it benefited from growing demand in Britain and Italy, as it outperformed the industry's growth of 6.5%.
The Michigan-based automaker sold a total of 98,100 vehicles, including 76,900 passenger cars in the European markets for the month of October. Commercial car sales increased 31% to 21,200 units for the month compared to a year ago, Reuters added.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates FORD MOTOR CO as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate FORD MOTOR CO (F) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $5,369.00 million or 39.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FORD MOTOR CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -21.26%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 3.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Automobiles industry and the overall market, FORD MOTOR CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- FORD MOTOR CO's earnings per share declined by 32.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FORD MOTOR CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.75 versus $1.42 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 35.8% in earnings ($1.12 versus $1.75).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: F Ratings Report