- PBCT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.9 million.
- PBCT has traded 655,265 shares today.
- PBCT traded in a range 225.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.46.
- PBCT traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 51 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 51 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PBCT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PBCT NOW at Trade-Ideas
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 25.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- PEOPLE'S UNITED FINL INC has improved earnings per share by 10.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PEOPLE'S UNITED FINL INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.74 versus $0.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.84 versus $0.74).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry average. The net income increased by 5.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $58.50 million to $61.60 million.
- The gross profit margin for PEOPLE'S UNITED FINL INC is currently very high, coming in at 87.52%. Regardless of PBCT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 17.96% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full People's United Financial Ratings Report.