- CZR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.7 million.
- CZR has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- CZR traded in a range 249.2% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.27.
- CZR traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 103 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 103 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CZR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CZR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CZR: Caesars Entertainment Corporation owns, operates, or manages casino entertainment facilities. Its casino entertainment facilities include land-based casinos, riverboat or dockside casinos, and managed casinos, as well as casinos combined with a thoroughbred racetrack and a harness racetrack. Currently there are no analysts that rate Caesars Entertainment a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Caesars Entertainment has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Caesars Entertainment has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 40.3% with 12.05 days to cover. Shares are down 36.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Caesars Entertainment as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income has decreased by 19.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$761.20 million to -$908.10 million.
- CZR's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 36.42%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The gross profit margin for CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT CORP is rather high; currently it is at 50.32%. Regardless of CZR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CZR's net profit margin of -41.04% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT CORP reported poor results of -$21.99 versus -$11.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$7.02 versus -$21.99).
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Caesars Entertainment Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.