- MPAA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.0 million.
- MPAA is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MPAA has a PE ratio of 57.0.
- MPAA is mentioned 0.94 times per day on StockTwits.
- MPAA has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MPAA is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MPAA is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MPAA is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MPAA is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MPAA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MPAA NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on MPAA: Motorcar Parts of America, Inc. remanufactures, manufactures, and distributes automotive aftermarket parts. Its products include alternators, starters, and wheel hub assembly products utilized in imported and domestic passenger vehicles, light trucks, and heavy duty applications. MPAA has a PE ratio of 57.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Motorcar Parts of America a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Motorcar Parts of America has been 274,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Motorcar Parts of America has a market cap of $612.9 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 2.61 and a short float of 7.2% with 3.00 days to cover. Shares are up 77.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Motorcar Parts of America as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MPAA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.46, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.00, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MPAA's share price has jumped by 141.61%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, MOTORCAR PARTS OF AMER INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MOTORCAR PARTS OF AMER INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.87%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.08% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Motorcar Parts of America Ratings Report.