- GWRE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.6 million.
- GWRE is making at least a new 3-day high.
- GWRE has a PE ratio of 250.6.
- GWRE is mentioned 1.71 times per day on StockTwits.
- GWRE has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- GWRE is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- GWRE is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- GWRE is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- GWRE is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GWRE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GWRE NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on GWRE: Guidewire Software, Inc. provides software products for property and casualty (P&C) insurers. It offers an integrated suite of software applications that address the core processes, such as underwriting and policy administration, claims management, and billing. GWRE has a PE ratio of 250.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Guidewire Software a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Guidewire Software has been 509,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Guidewire Software has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.93 and a short float of 8.7% with 13.26 days to cover. Shares are up 7.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Guidewire Software as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 63.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.11 million to $19.76 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 28.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- GUIDEWIRE SOFTWARE INC has improved earnings per share by 47.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GUIDEWIRE SOFTWARE INC reported lower earnings of $0.19 versus $0.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.44 versus $0.19).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, GUIDEWIRE SOFTWARE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Guidewire Software Ratings Report.