- CAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $176.2 million.
- CAH has traded 24,996 shares today.
- CAH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CAH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CAH: Cardinal Health, Inc., a healthcare services company, provides pharmaceutical and medical products and services in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments, Pharmaceutical and Medical. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. CAH has a PE ratio of 25.0. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Cardinal Health a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cardinal Health has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cardinal Health has a market cap of $26.2 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.48 and a short float of 1.4% with 1.61 days to cover. Shares are up 19.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cardinal Health as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CAH's share price has jumped by 29.95%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, CARDINAL HEALTH INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CARDINAL HEALTH INC's earnings per share declined by 21.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CARDINAL HEALTH INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.37 versus $0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.25 versus $3.37).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.64, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that CAH's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.55, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- CAH, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 19.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Cardinal Health Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.