- AMAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $262.2 million.
- AMAT traded 17,420 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:26 AM.
- AMAT is up 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMAT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMAT: Applied Materials, Inc. provides manufacturing equipment, services, and software to the semiconductor, flat panel display, solar photovoltaic (PV), and related industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. AMAT has a PE ratio of 27.9. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Applied Materials a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Applied Materials has been 13.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Applied has a market cap of $27.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.12 and a short float of 6% with 6.43 days to cover. Shares are up 27.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 71.42% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.06% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMAT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- APPLIED MATERIALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, APPLIED MATERIALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.21 versus $0.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.06 versus $0.21).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 79.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $168.00 million to $301.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 18.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- AMAT's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, AMAT has a quick ratio of 1.63, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Applied Materials Ratings Report.