- WMT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $576.0 million.
- WMT traded 121,219 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:57 AM.
- WMT is up 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WMT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WMT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WMT: Wal-Mart Stores Inc. operates retail stores in various formats worldwide. The company operates through three segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International, and Sam's Club. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. WMT has a PE ratio of 16.6. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Wal-Mart Stores a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Wal-Mart Stores has been 6.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Wal-Mart Stores has a market cap of $256.0 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.17 and a short float of 2.4% with 4.97 days to cover. Shares are up 0.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- WMT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Food & Staples Retailing industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 0.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $4,069.00 million to $4,093.00 million.
- WAL-MART STORES INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WAL-MART STORES INC reported lower earnings of $4.86 versus $5.01 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.01 versus $4.86).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Food & Staples Retailing industry and the overall market, WAL-MART STORES INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Wal-Mart Stores Ratings Report.