- AME has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.8 million.
- AME is down 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AME with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AME NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AME: AMETEK, Inc. manufactures and sells electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America. The company operates in two segments, Electronic Instruments Group (EIG) and Electromechanical Group (EMG). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. AME has a PE ratio of 22.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Ametek a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ametek has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ametek has a market cap of $12.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 0.6% with 1.16 days to cover. Shares are down 0.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.16, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- AMETEK INC has improved earnings per share by 9.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMETEK INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.10 versus $1.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.41 versus $2.10).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Electrical Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 10.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $127.86 million to $141.81 million.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Ametek Ratings Report.