- CSCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $609.6 million.
- CSCO is down 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSCO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSCO: Cisco Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells Internet Protocol (IP) based networking products and services related to the communications and information technology industry worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. CSCO has a PE ratio of 16.9. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Cisco Systems a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cisco Systems has been 25.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cisco Systems has a market cap of $128.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.27 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.92 days to cover. Shares are up 12.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cisco Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.37, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.10 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for CISCO SYSTEMS INC is rather high; currently it is at 64.40%. Regardless of CSCO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 18.20% trails the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Cisco Systems Ratings Report.