- NTAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $99.2 million.
- NTAP is down 3.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NTAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NTAP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NTAP: NetApp, Inc. is engaged in design, manufacture, and marketing of networked storage solutions. The company provides storage and data management software, systems, and services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. NTAP has a PE ratio of 22.5. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate NetApp a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. The average volume for NetApp has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NetApp has a market cap of $13.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.51 and a short float of 3.1% with 4.25 days to cover. Shares are up 2.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NetApp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NETAPP INC has improved earnings per share by 17.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NETAPP INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.85 versus $1.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.01 versus $1.85).
- The gross profit margin for NETAPP INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, NTAP's net profit margin of 5.93% significantly trails the industry average.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Computers & Peripherals industry average. The net income increased by 8.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $81.60 million to $88.40 million.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.39, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.56 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- You can view the full NetApp Ratings Report.