- XON has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.2 million.
- XON has traded 81,269 shares today.
- XON is down 3.4% today.
- XON was up 11% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XON with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XON NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XON: Intrexon Corporation, a biotechnology company, operates in the synthetic biology field. Synthetic biology is a discipline that applies engineering principles to biological systems. XON has a PE ratio of 2.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Intrexon a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Intrexon has been 461,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Intrexon has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 0.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Intrexon as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTREXON CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 2466.7% in earnings (-$0.77 versus -$0.03).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 772.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$5.96 million to -$52.04 million.
- Compared to where it was a year ago, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Regardless of the rise in share value over the previous year, we feel that the risks involved in investing in this stock do not compensate for any future upside potential.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, INTREXON CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has fallen to -$13.65 million from having none in the same quarter last year. Since the company had no net operating cash flow for the prior period, we cannot calculate a percent change in order to compare its growth rate with that of its industry average.
- You can view the full Intrexon Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.