- OMER has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.8 million.
- OMER has traded 17,984 shares today.
- OMER is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OMER with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OMER NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OMER: Omeros Corporation, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes products targeting inflammation, coagulopathies, and disorders of the central nervous system. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Omeros a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Omeros has been 368,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Omeros has a market cap of $590.5 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.65 and a short float of 20.6% with 8.48 days to cover. Shares are up 53.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Omeros as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 32.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$13.59 million to -$17.99 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$15.27 million or 62.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- OMEROS CORP's earnings per share declined by 10.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, OMEROS CORP continued to lose money by earning -$1.39 versus -$1.59 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 69.8% in earnings (-$2.36 versus -$1.39).
- OMER, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 67.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, OMER's share price has jumped by 89.05%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in OMER do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Omeros Ratings Report.