- ISIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $138.8 million.
- ISIS has traded 459,860 shares today.
- ISIS is down 3.1% today.
- ISIS was up 8.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ISIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ISIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ISIS: Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is engaged in the discovery and development of antisense drugs using novel drug discovery platform. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Isis Pharmaceuticals a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Isis Pharmaceuticals has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Isis has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.72 and a short float of 14.8% with 5.36 days to cover. Shares are up 18.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Isis Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has decreased by 8.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$24.57 million to -$26.68 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC's earnings per share declined by 9.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ISIS PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.53 versus -$0.65 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 49.0% in earnings (-$0.79 versus -$0.53).
- ISIS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.67 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ISIS's share price has jumped by 43.56%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in ISIS do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Isis Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.