- CORE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.8 million.
- CORE has traded 949 shares today.
- CORE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CORE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CORE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CORE: Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, markets fresh and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry in North America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. CORE has a PE ratio of 15.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Core-Mark a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Core-Mark has been 133,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Core-Mark has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of -0.11 and a short float of 3.3% with 4.23 days to cover. Shares are up 52.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Core-Mark as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 56.73% to -$10.60 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CORE MARK HOLDING CO INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -33.65%.
- CORE MARK HOLDING CO INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CORE MARK HOLDING CO INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.79 versus $1.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.20 versus $1.79).
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 57.46% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- CORE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.86 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Core-Mark Ratings Report.