- DOW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $502.2 million.
- DOW traded 32,852 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:18 AM.
- DOW is up 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DOW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DOW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DOW: The Dow Chemical Company manufactures and supplies chemical products for use as raw materials in the manufacture of customer products and services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. DOW has a PE ratio of 16.3. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Dow Chemical a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dow Chemical has been 10.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dow Chemical has a market cap of $58.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.80 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.52 days to cover. Shares are up 11.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dow Chemical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Chemicals industry average. The net income increased by 38.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $679.00 million to $937.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.77, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.29, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 44.89% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.87% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DOW should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.