Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- China Mobile Games (CMGE) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Sell to Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CHINA MOBILE GAMES -ADR (CMGE) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- CMGE's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 28.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 275.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CMGE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.53, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA MOBILE GAMES -ADR is rather high; currently it is at 61.03%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 19.85% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, CHINA MOBILE GAMES -ADR's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CMGE Ratings Report