- BCOV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.0 million.
- BCOV has traded 69,984 shares today.
- BCOV is trading at 4.47 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BCOV is trading at a new high 5.23% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BCOV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BCOV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BCOV: Brightcove Inc. provides cloud-based services for video. The company offers Brightcove Video Cloud, an online video platform that enables its customers to publish and distribute video to Internet-connected devices. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Brightcove a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Brightcove has been 334,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Brightcove has a market cap of $215.6 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 4.12 and a short float of 7.2% with 5.41 days to cover. Shares are down 52.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Brightcove as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 200.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.27 million to -$3.81 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $2.56 million or 46.74% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 58.74%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 200.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, BRIGHTCOVE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BRIGHTCOVE INC is currently very high, coming in at 71.51%. Regardless of BCOV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BCOV's net profit margin of -12.06% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Brightcove Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.