- PAAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.0 million.
- PAAS has traded 55,448 shares today.
- PAAS is up 3.1% today.
- PAAS was down 9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PAAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PAAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PAAS: Pan American Silver Corp., together with its subsidiaries, operates and develops, and explores for silver producing properties and assets in Mexico, Peru, Argentina, and Bolivia. The company also produces and sells gold, zinc, lead, and copper. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.4%. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Pan American Silver a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pan American Silver has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pan American has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 13.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pan American Silver as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP is rather low; currently it is at 24.17%. Regardless of PAAS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PAAS's net profit margin of -2.72% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- PAAS has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 12.36% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$2.98 versus $0.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.07 versus -$2.98).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 97.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$186.54 million to -$5.47 million.
- You can view the full Pan American Silver Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.