- NKE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $259.6 million.
- NKE has traded 31,692 shares today.
- NKE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NKE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NKE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NKE: NIKE, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, markets, and sells athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories for men, women, and kids worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. NKE has a PE ratio of 411.3. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Nike a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nike has been 4.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nike has a market cap of $64.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.46 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.42 days to cover. Shares are up 19.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 17.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NKE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, NKE has a quick ratio of 1.70, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, NIKE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- 48.46% is the gross profit margin for NIKE INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.05% is above that of the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Nike Ratings Report.