- DXCM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.4 million.
- DXCM has traded 18,384 shares today.
- DXCM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DXCM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DXCM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DXCM: DexCom, Inc., a medical device company, focuses on the design, development, and commercialization of continuous glucose monitoring systems. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate DexCom a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for DexCom has been 599,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. DexCom has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 6.5% with 4.96 days to cover. Shares are up 43.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DexCom as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, DEXCOM INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for DEXCOM INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.41%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -7.53% is in-line with the industry average.
- DEXCOM INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DEXCOM INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.42 versus -$0.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.31 versus -$0.42).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average. The net income increased by 13.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$6.00 million to -$5.20 million.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DXCM's share price has jumped by 63.83%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in DXCM do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full DexCom Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.