- ADP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $198.0 million.
- ADP has traded 18,587 shares today.
- ADP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADP: Automatic Data Processing, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides technology-based outsourcing solutions to employers worldwide. The company operates through Employer Services and Professional Employer Organization (PEO) Services segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. ADP has a PE ratio of 26.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Automatic Data Processing a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Automatic Data Processing has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Automatic Data Processing has a market cap of $40.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.84 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.44 days to cover. Shares are up 4.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 41.97% is the gross profit margin for AUTOMATIC DATA PROCESSING which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.46% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 365.19% to $378.20 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AUTOMATIC DATA PROCESSING has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.22%.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.25 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, AUTOMATIC DATA PROCESSING has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Automatic Data Processing Ratings Report.