The firm set a price target to $90 for the American multinational media and entertainment company, up from its previous mark of $84.
Goldman Sachs said Time Warner's set sector-low exposure to the TV ad market is an advantage relative to its peers.
"HBO is an under-monetized asset and we estimate that new initiatives (e.g., HBO OTT, monetizing non-revenue subs, improving penetration of distributors) can contribute at least 7% growth to EPS," said Goldman Sachs America-media and entertainment analyst Drew Borst.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TIME WARNER INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TIME WARNER INC (TWX) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.89, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.17, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, TIME WARNER INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TWX Ratings Report