- GRPN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $229.0 million.
- GRPN traded 22,810 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:03 AM.
- GRPN is up 3.6% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GRPN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GRPN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GRPN: Groupon, Inc. operates online local commerce marketplaces that connect merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount worldwide. It also offers deals on products for which it acts as the merchant of record. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Groupon a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Groupon has been 15.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Groupon has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 0.75 and a short float of 16.7% with 3.00 days to cover. Shares are down 36.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 722.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.58 million to -$21.21 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, GROUPON INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- GROUPON INC's earnings have gone downhill when comparing its most recently reported quarter with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GROUPON INC reported poor results of -$0.14 versus -$0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.06 versus -$0.14).
- This stock's share value has moved by only 24.88% over the past year. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The gross profit margin for GROUPON INC is rather high; currently it is at 55.25%. Regardless of GRPN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -2.80% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Groupon Ratings Report.