- NNN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $86.3 million.
- NNN is down 2.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NNN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NNN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NNN: National Retail Properties, Inc. is a publicly owned equity real estate investment trust. The firm acquires, owns, manages, and develops retail properties in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.4%. NNN has a PE ratio of 32.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate National Retail Properties a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for National Retail Properties has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. National Retail has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 15.9% with 6.50 days to cover. Shares are up 26.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- NATIONAL RETAIL PROPERTIES has improved earnings per share by 10.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NATIONAL RETAIL PROPERTIES increased its bottom line by earning $1.06 versus $1.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.15 versus $1.06).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for NATIONAL RETAIL PROPERTIES is rather high; currently it is at 60.47%. Regardless of NNN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NNN's net profit margin of 43.60% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 8.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $44.35 million to $47.94 million.
- You can view the full National Retail Properties Ratings Report.