- YHOO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.3 billion.
- YHOO has a PE ratio of 26.6.
- YHOO is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- YHOO is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- YHOO is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- YHOO is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- YHOO has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 0.6%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YHOO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YHOO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on YHOO: Yahoo! Inc. operates as a technology company worldwide. YHOO has a PE ratio of 26.6. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Yahoo a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Yahoo has been 36.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Yahoo has a market cap of $47.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 5.6% with 1.79 days to cover. Shares are up 20.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Yahoo as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 2183.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $296.66 million to $6,774.10 million.
- YHOO's revenue growth trails the industry average of 27.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- YHOO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.75, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, YAHOO INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Yahoo Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.