- WAB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $65.7 million.
- WAB has traded 9,804 shares today.
- WAB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WAB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WAB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WAB: Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation, doing business as Wabtec Corporation, provides technology-based products and services for the freight rail and passenger transit industries worldwide. It operates in two segments, Freight and Transit. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. WAB has a PE ratio of 25.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies has been 569,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Westinghouse Air Brake has a market cap of $8.3 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.03 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.20 days to cover. Shares are up 18.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 26.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- WABTEC CORP has improved earnings per share by 22.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WABTEC CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.01 versus $2.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.62 versus $3.01).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry average. The net income increased by 21.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $73.94 million to $90.00 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 34.04% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.