- SCG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.3 million.
- SCG has traded 55,663 shares today.
- SCG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SCG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SCG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SCG: SCANA Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity to retail and wholesale customers in South Carolina. It owns nuclear, coal, hydro, natural gas and oil, and biomass generating facilities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. SCG has a PE ratio of 14.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate SCANA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for SCANA has been 925,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. SCANA has a market cap of $8.1 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.46 and a short float of 5.7% with 6.99 days to cover. Shares are up 19% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- SCANA CORP has improved earnings per share by 7.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SCANA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.38 versus $3.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.80 versus $3.38).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Multi-Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 9.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $131.00 million to $144.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for SCANA CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.85% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full SCANA Ratings Report.