- RIG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $349.5 million.
- RIG traded 15,735 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:48 AM.
- RIG is up 2.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RIG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RIG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RIG: Transocean Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells worldwide. The company provides deepwater and harsh environment drilling, oil and gas drilling management, and drilling engineering and drilling project management services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 10.4%. RIG has a PE ratio of 5.8. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Transocean a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Transocean has been 9.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Transocean has a market cap of $10.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.54 and a short float of 21.7% with 6.82 days to cover. Shares are down 39.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
- TRANSOCEAN LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, TRANSOCEAN LTD increased its bottom line by earning $3.88 versus $2.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.60 versus $3.88).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 91.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $307.00 million to $587.00 million.
- RIG, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, TRANSOCEAN LTD's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- RIG's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 38.98%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full Transocean Ratings Report.